POWERFUL ACTION FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE EASTERN PROVINCE OF CAMEROON KADEY (PADK)
Let us show you how to build authentic relationships in the communities.
To work with the residents of the Kadey Eastern Province of Cameroon (West Africa) to promote improved self sufficiency and health and well-being in the region.
Our community already has numerous assets and skills that are sufficient to start and sustain long term development in the region. It is therefore important to bring the community together to identify and use those assets first. We believe that all community development initiatives should always come from the residents and external partners should act in assistance only.
We take a new approach towards development that we believe will be useful for all the villages of the Kadey Eastern Province of Cameroon (West Africa) Division: Asset Based Community Development (ABCD), a powerful and proven approach that promotes development driven by the community rather than by
PADK's Newest Initiative: Tropical Agriculture Research and Training Station (TARTS)
PADK is excited to announce our newest initiative, the Tropical Agriculture Research and Training Station (TARTS)! Tropical Agriculture Research and Training Station works to improve the economic self-sufficiency and health of the people of the Kadey. TARTS does this by:
- Promoting regenerative farming practices to increase the yields of current cash crops.
- Growing foods with the strongest biodiversity and disease prevention properties to improve community health.
- Teaching communities through demonstrations and workshops how to grow these foods so individuals can learn how to incorporate them into their daily lives and.
- Conducting research to support these activities.
Beginning in 2021 PADK pivoted to assisting area farmers become economically self-sufficient and to improve the overall health of the people of the Kadey. Towards this end, TARTS has secured the use of 2 hectares of land on the west side of the former Mount Cameroon Tobacco (MCT) site in Ngotto to use for demonstration crops and as a research station for Robusta café and Cacao. We also have a shaded nursery and work stations, for use when available, on the property and areexperimenting currently with Vanilla Planifolia, Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum), Turmeric (Curcuma longo), Ylang Ylang, (Cananga Adorata), Fig, Papaya, Corrosol, Sugar Apple, Tamarind, Moringa and numerous vegetables, tubers, and herbs. The TARTS demonstration station is a good opportunity to train and improve yields for local farmers and to give them confidence to grow.
To learn more about TARTS
1. Study and better understand the villages
2. Identify priorities and motivate the communities to start small initiatives to resolve issues sustainably
3. Train 1000 local people on the ABCD approach before the end of the year 2020
4. Reinforce the capacities of women, girls and marginalized groups or minorities
ABCD & Entrepreneurship Trainings Conducted
Education Scholarships Awarded
Partnered with local schools for supplies
Women’s Groups Engaged & Activated
Wells Built, giving fresh water access to over 1,000 people
Bags of cement delivered
HOW CAN YOU HELP?